We will cover this in more detail in subsequent parts of this series, but here’s an overview of your to-do list as a Canadian importer preparing for CARM:
- Get your financial security (surety bond) in place
- Set up electronic payments with CBSA
- Adjust your Accounts Payable procedures for CBSA’s billing cycle
- Figure out your internal processes and people for the CARM Client Portal (CCP)
- Figure out how you’ll delegate authority to your customs broker and any other third parties.
- Register on the CCP and set up your account
You’ll need to have all of this in place by the October of 2023, but we suggest starting the process now.